6.01.2007

Well family, Looks like they're shippin' me to the City! We found out Sunday night! Man its crazy, I'm going to be the District Leader in Ridgewood. Did not see that coming! My new comp is a Mexican and my area / Branch / Ward is all Spanish. Looks like I'll be gettin' real good at Spanish.... I have mixed feelings, I really like Elder Whitacker, and we only got 3 weeks together. Some good news is that I get to see the city, will live there. Elder Petitt my old comp is in my zone so I'll see him! and hopefully some of my District from the MTC will be there. I'll miss good ol' Freeport and the people here. It's starting to get HOT! Oh man. The humidity is dumb. No me likey. Luckily today we have a picnic with all the "stake" so I'll see everyone there. I finally feel like my Spanish is progressing, at least for now. Yesterday I caught myself listening to a lesson which was switching back and forth from English to Spanish and I didn't even realize it! It was a cool feeling. I like looking back to my 1st transfer and remembering how little Spanish I knew and understood. I still can't figure out how Elder Goodman put up with me. Man! I must have been a pain in the patoogan! Well, I have a ton to do today! Hey, we got a commit out of a lady Elder Goodman and I used to teach. elder Whitacker will probably "backtize" her. (That is the way our Branch President says it.) We played (soccer) Futbal on saturday and I made 3 goals and 2 or 3 assists. Man! Pres Chirinos loves me now! I always played against him, but we had an investigator who brought a team and so I played with him. We won 8 to 5! They take it so seriously. I love it! I guess I'll be able to play a little in Nickerbocker Park, that's what they tell me.. You know I'm angry you never let me play soccer as a kid, or you never signed me up. I'm good. Well, on that note, Love ya'll, Work hard and have fun, Andy

No comments: