6.21.2007

June 2007 Elder Johnson is now in Ridgewood New York. He works in both Brooklyn and Queens. He said: It's not Utah, or the Island for that matter (Long Island). But I love it! No one speaks English. It's either Spanish (best for me), Polish, Romanian, Korean, Mandarin, or my new favorite Ebonics! "No wha' I sayin? Yo?" My branch is all Spanish and it gets pretty hairy sometimes! I can speak well. My Comp. is from Choix, Mexico. He doesn't speak any English. But his family just moved to Colorado. He says I speak without and accent, so that is awesome! I have worked hard on that. The understanding is tough. Elders like our new greenies E. Kavengg (Tongan) can understand a ton already because they know how to listen and hear. Yesterday I had to translate, Spanish to English is tough. My Comp is awesome! He comes from a town where you could fit the entire population in a Subway Car. Very humble, but he's funny. The members here make food for us to pick up almost every day. Yesterday, it was Chinese. Ha! Really Funny! Well, I really love you all. Thank for the letters guys! I need the short sleeved shirts pronto: rapido! It's hot. I'll send pictures of Brooklyn soon "Aight?" I'm working hard and having fun here. I think I'm a city boy. Well at least for the mission... I'll miss all the noise, when I leave. Ha Ha, weird! (No , leaving isn't an idea I have in my head...) Love Ya, Have some fun, its Summer! Andy

No comments: